One of the top music startups is looking for you!
Ranked #4 in Billboard’s 10 Top Music Startups of 2011, Headliner.fm is a breakthrough application that disrupts the rules of sharing on Facebook, Twitter, and other social platforms. We have over 100,000 users, reaching over 300 million fans. Every day, we reach over 15 million people. In a little over 1 year, we have become the number one in-stream sharing platform on the social web. We’ve got huge scale potential and serious traction and are looking for a Data Scientist to help us leverage all the behavior data from our active community.
The ideal candidate will posses a combination of skills including statistics, mathematics, computer science, business analysis, and product development as well as expertise with recommendation engines and social web applications. An innate obsession with data based experiments, including A/B tests is a plus. The ultimate goal is interpreting the data to a useful end.
You should be comfortable working in a team environment, as well as by yourself. We are looking for someone who can manage their own workflow, write specifications, discuss business strategy, and set project goals. Enthusiasm for collaborative development is a must.
– Define, design, and build projects that leverage our data
– Develop algorithms that can scale to very large data sets
– Design and develop a content classification system
– Determine and implement mechanisms to improve our data quality
– Design and test calculation logic and visualization methods for key metrics
– Design and testing predictive and other statistical models
Skills and Requirements:
– A passion for data and analytics
– Experience with large dataset analysis
– Experience with MySQL
Knowledge or Experience of the following is a Plus:
– ‘NoSQL’ architectures and tools
– Machine Learning
– Recommendation Engines
– Text Analytics
– Social Network Analytics
Culture is crucial to our organization. We believe in science, evidence, testing and each other. If you’re interested in working in an extremely low-bureaucracy but high-impact environment, this is the place for you!