To access these options, just click on Edit Settings right under the message box. You can select the networks, genres, artists, location and schedule.
- Networks: Where do you want this recommendation to post?
- Genres: What type of music do you make and what type of audience do you want to reach?
- Artists: Which specific artists would you like to promote with? All users can search and select specific artists.
- Location: Where is your target audience? This is a subscriber feature, so regular users have no location selection. It is also presently limited to the U.S.
- Schedule: How long do you want us to submit this request. The default is 14 days, but you can choose more or less depending on your promo needs.
In this example we will look at how to edit Genres, Artists and Schedule.
The Create a Promotion screen is where you write the recommendation you would like to request Headliner members post to their social networks.
- Suggested Messages: These are pre-written messages that you can choose to use, either to help you brainstorm, or as is. We will add your name automatically. There are suggestions for different types of content.
- Edit Settings: Headliner will make automatic selections for you. If you want to customize your promotion, you can click EDIT OPTIONS.
- Artist Network: These counters will tell you the number of artists and fans your connected to your promotion. This is an estimated reach. The final reach will depend on the number of artists that actually accept your promotion and post it. If the number of their fans increases after they accept your promotion, we will advance you enough band bucks to cover it.
Suggested Messages, in detail.
If you don’t want to include everyone in your genre by default, you can remove the genre and leave the field blank.
If you’re a subscriber, you can select multiple genres. Regular users can select subgenres within their main genre.
You can also select the social networks you want to include here. Remove or add them depending on your campaign needs.
Select artists in any genres by searching for them.
Sort the artist selection clicking on the arrows for size of fan base and artist name.
Browse all artists by using the arrows on either side of the page number at the bottom.
Click Continue to return to the main promo creation window.
If an artist has connected their SoundCloud and chosen a default track, you can preview their music by clicking on the player icon. This will help you determine if it’s something you think your fans will like.
The network icons tell you the social networks that each artist has connected to Headliner. This is helpful if you want to create a campaign that will use a specific network.
Determine a start date and how long you would like us to submit your request.
By default, we will submit your request to the selected community for 14 days, but you can select as few as 3 days or as many as 30 days.
As always, you can stop a promotion anytime by clicking Withdraw this Promotion under the promo stats in the My Promotions tab.
When you are done, just click the START PROMOTION button.
You will get a CONFIRM window. If everything looks good, press confirm to start your promo.
Keep in mind the amount of Band Bucks you are using. Requests are being submitted automatically so your Band Bucks will fluctuate based on your acceptances. Regular users can run one promo at a time. Subscribers can run multiple promotions simultaneously.
We will be posting more tips soon. Meantime, please let us know if you have any questions. We’re always happy to help!