Headliner was recently mentioned in Popular Mechanics in an article by Joshua Klein, author of Reputation Economics. In the article he highlights how social media is creating new economies built on social currency.
One of his key points that resonates with Headliner missions includes: “Each of those relies on a public accountability of reputation, meaning that the more you participate, the more potential value you can get out of the exchanges, and the more important the account is to you.”
Of Headliner specifically, he writes: “Headliner.fm lets you find the right audience, anywhere in the world, that wants to share your message in exchange for you sharing their message with your audience.” We couldn’t be happier for the shout out, and to be recognized as part of the shift in social media currency.
Read on for more insights.
How Reputation Became the New Digital Currency
In the new book Reputation Economics, Joshua Klein explains why the rules of the new economy mean who you know is worth more than how much money you have.
CoPromote helps you reach new target audiences by matching you with similar content creators who agree to share your posts on their Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr feeds. Every time one of our members shares your post, you reach their followers and you become part of each other’s CoPromote network. The more you leverage your network, the more new people your content can reach.
What you will need to do after you join:
- Connect your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr).
- Select a general category and interest that best describes your content to share. (Examples: Music, Apps, Sports)
- Create your first promotion (Boost a post from your social network feeds).
- Check your promotion requests and track your progress (see who is sharing your posts and where).
What CoPromote will do:
- Match you with similar members based on your settings.
- Notify similar members of your request to boost your post on their social networks.
- Update you on all the activity within CoPromote, and all of the engagements with your posts once they’ve been shared.
- Advise you on how to optimize your account and campaigns.
How CoPromote does it:
When you connect your social networks to us, you will be asked to give CoPromote permissions to “manage” your account. This is standard procedure with social apps. CoPromote chooses the option with the most permissions for convenience, but we will not manage your social networks or modify your profile. We use the data from your social feeds to match you with people sharing similar content on CoPromote. We use the links in the post to track engagements. And we use the permissions to post when you agree to share a post. CoPromote never posts without permission, and we encourage all of our members to be selective and only share content their followers will find engaging.
The best way to share your posts with new people just got easier.
Today CoPromote launches a new feature called Promote a Post. With Promote a Post you can select a recent post from your Facebook, Twitter or Tumblr feeds to set up your campaigns. We’ve outlined the process below, but if you have any questions just let us know.
Here’s How to use Promote a Post:
1. Click on Facebook, Twitter or Tumblr to pull up your most recent posts. (The network must be connected to CoPromote).
2. A window will pop up listing your networks and most recent posts
3. Click on the share arrow in the box on the top right corner of the message
4. The message will appear in the Create A Promotion box with the link
5. Review your final message and targeting choices. If all looks good, click Start.
As always, remember to check back and see how your promotion is doing by logging in and going to My Promotions. Look for the details button to open a panel to see detailed information on who is sharing your post, when, and on what network.