From Facebook Studio blog:
“Today at IAB MIXX, Brad Smallwood, Facebook’s Head of Measurement and Insights, discussed findings from a study conducted in partnership with Datalogix—using a new tool that connects ad exposure (seeing a brand’s ad) on Facebook with in-store purchases (buying the brand’s product).”
After analyzing 50 digital campaigns, they came up with the following key conclusions. [Emphasis in italics is ours.]
- Impressions create value. 99 percent of sales generated from online branding ad campaigns were from people that saw, but did not interact with, ads— proof that it is the delivery of the marketing message to the right consumer, not the click, that creates real value for brand advertisers.
- Reach drives revenue for online brand marketers. This is a concept very familiar to TV marketers, who often start with a reach objective—but until now hadn’t been proven for online. When applied to digital brand campaigns, the study demonstrated that campaigns that maximized reach had on average a 70 percent higher return-on-investment.
- Finding the right message frequency is key. The study revealed that for online brand campaigns, if you reallocated high frequency impressions to people seeing too few impressions, you would see a 40 percent increase in ROI with the same budget. What this means is that for every online campaign there is a “sweetspot” of effective frequency that maximizes return on investment, and that the DataLogix tool can help marketers empirically isolate that sweetspot for each brand and campaign.
Takeaway: If you’re frustrated because you are not seeing a direct, instant correlation between reaching people and getting them to buy your stuff, you’re not alone. Show your stuff frequently enough to the right people and you will start to reap the value of reach.
Fan activity on Soundcloud tripled in 2012, making it the fastest growing social service for music.
More: http://nxt.bg/2012 #stateoftheindustry
We have updated the My Promotions page and the Metrics info display. Check the screenshots and descriptions below for more detail.
My Promotions Page
The My Promotions page displays your active promotions. It summarizes the number of Reposts, the new audience Reach, and the Amplification score for each promotion.
The Metrics screen provides more details on each promotion.
- The number of Reposts now counts each social network individually. So if one person recommends you on both Facebook and Twitter, that counts as two (2) Reposts.
- The Reach is still the size of the audience (fans/followers) connected to everyone that recommended you on their social networks.
- The Amplification score calculates the difference, or lift, between how many people you would have reached on your own, versus how many you reached using Headliner.
- Engagements refers to all the actions taken on the post on each network, meaning: Clicks, Likes, ReTweets, and Comments.
Note: If your promo only targeted Facebook, you will not see Twitter metics (as there are none in that case); and vice versa.
The Summary screen gives you the overall metrics for all of your promotions — total number of reposts, fan reach, engagements — as well as your Karma Cash balance. Please remember: Recommendations are now labeled Reposts, and the metric counts each post shared on Facebook and Twitter separately.
We hope the cleaner design and the updated metrics will provide you with better insight so you can optimize your campaigns on Headliner.fm.
If you have any questions, just let us know and we’ll be happy to review the changes with you.
Everyone at Headliner.fm
The new year is a great time for a makeover, right? Our redesign isn’t just for fun, though. Yes, it will be easy on the eyes, and it will also be easy on the mind, helping you make the most of your time and promotions on Headliner. The screenshot below is a preview of changes in the works.
We will be adding more posts with additional details in the next few days.
As always, if you have questions about the site updates, or anything else, reach out and we’ll do our best to help.
Do you have creative friends interested in reaching new audiences? Invite them to Headliner using Facebook.
Next time you log in to Headliner, click on the Invite Friends link. For every friend that signs up, you’ll both receive Karma Cash so you can start your promotions right away.
Try it out, and let us know if you have any questions!