Headliner launched less than a year ago and since it started tens of thousands of bands and artists have used Headliner to reach new fans. We poured through our data from 2010 to find 10 bands and artists who had notable success using Headliner.Here are 10 Bands/ Artists who have done excellent using Headliner to build their fan base.
- Skyrocket Love New Fans Reached: 7,256,586 New Fans Gained: 4,534 Connections With New Bands: 2,161
- Incolide New Fans Reached: 9,798,564 New Fans Gained: 301,369 Connections With New Bands: 1,804
- SnowLX New Fans Reached: 7,524,988 New Fans Gained: 85,682 Connections With New Bands: 196
- JSmooth New Fans Reached: 7,948,238 New Fans Gained: 14,249 Connections With New Bands: 647
- Assassin New Fans Reached: 2,750,6467 New Fans Gained: 347,282 Connections With New Bands: 203
- New Kingdom New Fans Reached: 8,846,367 New Fans Gained: 189 Connections With New Bands: 1,839
- E : DJ New Fans Reached: 6,647,216 New Fans Gained: 1,591 Connections With New Bands: 2,469
- Aron Lyrd New Fans Reached: 6,789,858 New Fans Gained: 2,283 Connections With New Bands: 1,510
- Andrew P. New Fans Reached 6,773,231 New Fans Gained: 41,165 Connections With New Bands: 1,220
- Lights Over Paris New Fans Reached: 6,353,100 New Fans Gained: 1,561 Connections With New Bands: 2,801
For just these 10 artists that is reach to over 60 million new fans reached, 700,000 new fans gained and connections with over 15,000 new artists.
We often run contests for our users. Past prizes have ranged from $500 of Papa John’s pizza to a promotion with Travie McCoy. When a winner is chosen we put their picture and a brief bio up on our site. You can find info on all of our past contest winners here!
So you’re a musician with great music. What comes next? There are tons of great bands no one knows about and thousands of well-written songs no one’s heard. How do you make sure your music reaches the people you want to reach? The truth is there is no single easy answer or fool proof plan that holds the key, but there are proven tactics that can make the odds more favorable. Here are four of the best ways to build buzz online:
1) Keep a Blog for your band: Blogging gives your band an outlet for new content and provides you with a stable online presence. Blogging sites like WordPress also provide bloggers with analytics packages, so you can track how many visits your blog receives and see what search terms are driving viewers to your blog. Many bands have benefited from taking advantage of available blogging tools. Los Angeles oddball rap group Odd Future Wolf Pack blew up last year in part because of their prescence on Tumblr. Blogging is free, only takes a small amount of time and is worth the effort.
2) Reach Out to Music Bloggers: Having your music featured on a prominent music blog can boost the recognition your band receives and make it easier to book shows. Hypebot did an excellent article about reaching out to music bloggers that you can check out here.
3) Trade Recommendations with Other Artists: Social networking provides an excellent environment to build connections with other independent bands. By collaborating with other musicians online, you can reach new fans and create relationships that extend far beyond the internet. Browse the websites of local venues to find bands who play in your area or use the geo-targeting feature on Headliner.fm to discover bands in any area. Once you’ve found and contacted some bands, try to get them to trade recommendations with you. By recommending each other via status updates, you’ll reach fans outside of your current fan base. Use Headliner.fm to schedule these recommendations in an organized manner.
4) Be Consistent on Social Networks: Consistency and creativity are the keys to using status updates. Some fans don’t like emails, but they won’t be turned off by a band that posts multiple status updates everyday, so make sure to post early and often. Keep your status updates clever and fun to read. Let your fans help you reach new audiences by offering free songs to anyone who retweets specific messages. Expand you reach exponentially by trading recommendations with other artists via Headliner.fm. Status updates are great way to engage with fans, but ultimately you want your fans checking out your content on other sites as well, so make sure to include relevant links whenever possible.
Every week we spotlight users who have had success using Headliner.fm in the last 7 days. Here are your Headliners of the Week!
- Jafeezie Reached Over 847K Fans
- Atomic Skunk Reached Over 610K Fans
- Flo Rida Reached Over 439K Fans
- I Square Reached Over 353K Fans
- Yahaloma Reached Over 336K Fans
You started a Headliner.fm account. Now what? Well besides creating and accepting promotions you may need to finish the profile set-up process. You can keep track of your progress on the dashboard by scrolling down to the area that says “What’s Next”, from there you can make updates to your profile by clicking on any of the links below.
It is important to select a genre so we know which promotions to send your way.
Once you have fully set up your profile the What’s Next area will become empty.