Social media is an important part of getting your band noticed and understanding social media is a must for aspiring artists. Hypebot has an article today, written by Johnathan Ostrow, about 5 social media trends artists need to understand. What are these important trends that neccistate awareness?
- Fan Funding Campaigns: Taking advantage of sites like Kickstarter to fund project with grass roots campaigns.
- Metrics: Using available tools, such as Artist Data or Headliner.fm, to track the results of your online promotions so that you can make informed decisions.
- Social Currency: Trading free music for fan engagement.
- Geolocation Marketing: Targeting fans by region to make sure your music gets to the right people.
- Streaming Video: Taking advantage of video streaming sites to promote your music.
You can check out the full article here.