Here at Headliner we have been hard at work on new features that make creating promotions easier. A few weeks ago we introduced the Express Promotion to streamline the process of promotion creation. Since then we have developed a new feature, “Select All” button, that should further simplify that process. The “Select All” button allows you to select every artist on a page in the Artist Discovery screen on Headliner. It is a very simple and intuitive feature, but if you create a lot of promotions it can save you a lot of time. Below is a screenshot with the “Select All” button highlighted in red.
The Select All Button
Making Facebook easier to use isn’t one of Myspace’s priorities. Just a few years ago Myspace and Facebook were direct competitors, engaged in a battle for the top spot of social networkdom. Yesterday, the two giants called an uneasy truce when Myspace launched Facebook syncing, a new feature that allows users to post their Myspace status updates to Facebook (although not vice versa.) Check out more info here..
Travie McCoy has had a big year. Travie released his solo debut, Lazurus, and his single ‘Billionaire’ was a top 10 hit. We had the opportunity to work with Travie, promoting ‘Billionaire’ to music fans via our site. Here are some of the results from our campaign:
- Travie reached over 5 million new fans.
- Travie connected with over 9,000 artists to help promote “Billionaire” through recommendations.
- 8,197 clicks of the “Billionaire” video on Youtube.
- 2,454 visits to Travie’s official website
- 6,420 clicks of a free download link for “Billionaire”
- 22,000+ overall clicks.
Here’s what Fueled by Ramen’ senior director of new media Adam Samiljan had to say about the campaign:
“Headliner made it incredibly quick and easy for us to help Travie McCoy’s ‘Billionaire’ single reach over 5 million new fans. We got amazing results from the campaign…hits on the music video, music downloads and new followers on Twitter. Thank you!”
Nick Carter has been using Headliner for a couple of months now. Nick had one simple goal when we first started: Gain more Twitter followers, or as he told us “Dude I want to get to 100,000 Twitter followers. Can you help?”
We wanted to share the results of Nick’s campaign. Which we think are pretty awesome.
- Nick ran 17 promotions on Headliner.
- Nick reached 3,785,062 new fans on Twitter, Facebook and MySpace.
- His new fans visited Nickcarter.net 19,508 times through links via Headliner.fm
- Nick connected with 5,463 artists to promote his music.
- Nick got over 20,000 new Twitter followers and reached his goal of breaking 100,000.
- Nick had his promotion message retweeted 100’s of times reaching 100s of 1000s of additional fans.
To show some love we sent Nick this T-Shirt and asked him to send us back a pic with him wearing it
Check out the pic here:
Social media is an important part of getting your band noticed and understanding social media is a must for aspiring artists. Hypebot has an article today, written by Johnathan Ostrow, about 5 social media trends artists need to understand. What are these important trends that neccistate awareness?
- Fan Funding Campaigns: Taking advantage of sites like Kickstarter to fund project with grass roots campaigns.
- Metrics: Using available tools, such as Artist Data or Headliner.fm, to track the results of your online promotions so that you can make informed decisions.
- Social Currency: Trading free music for fan engagement.
- Geolocation Marketing: Targeting fans by region to make sure your music gets to the right people.
- Streaming Video: Taking advantage of video streaming sites to promote your music.
You can check out the full article here.